Through the generous support of our donors, the foundation provides grants to support youth and youth ministers in participation in programs that empower young people to encounter the Gospel and provide support for those who minister to youth and young adults.
The Foundation focuses on 4 areas of support: local youth ministry, national youth ministry, young adult and support of those who minister with youth and young adults. In the first three years support included:
- Sponsoring high school youth to participate in the Pinkard Scholars Program at St. Mary’s Seminary and Ecumenical Institute (Fall 2016, Fall 2017, and Fall 2018).
- Sponsoring two young adults to attend the World Youth Day Pilgrimage to Poland with the Archdiocese of Baltimore (WYD 2016).
- Sponsoring 4 young people to attend the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) in 2015, 5 participants in 2017, and 5 participants in 2018.
- Sponsoring 3 youth ministers to attend the National Conference on Catholic Youth Ministry (NCCYM 2016).
- Sponsoring New Youth Minister Training in the Archdiocese of Baltimore and the Archdiocese of Atlanta in 2016.
- Sponsoring the Revamping of the Youth Ministry Program at St. Gabriel the Archangel in 2018.
- Sponsoring peer ministers from Cristo Rey Jesuit High School to attend an off-campus retreat in 2018.
- Sponsoring the training of youth ministers in the Diocese of Toledo’s Office of Intercultural Ministries in 2018.
- Sponsoring the development and launch of a new Certification Portfolio Digital Platform for The Alliance for the Certification of Lay Ecclesial Ministers in 2018.
Head to our Grant Page for more information, or to apply for a “Shine On” Grant!