Welcome to the Mark D. Pacione Foundation Grant Request Process page. Below you will find the process for submitting a grant for consideration. The foundation awards grants once a year. Be sure to read all instructions carefully and to have all documentation and information required before submitting your grant request. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. The final step in this process is the reporting procedure should you be awarded a grant. Please be sure to follow all steps in reporting how the grant monies were used to be considered for future grants.
Timeline: We will award grants once a year.
- The grant process opens July 1 of each year. The deadline for accepting grant applications during this session is December 1, with grants awarded March 1 of the following year.
How much we fund: Grant will be awarded at a minimum of $1,000, and a maximum of $5,000.
What we fund: When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
The Mark D. Pacione Foundation fully embraces these words of Jesus in their work and mission. In the spirit of Mark D. Pacione who saw the light of Jesus in all he encountered, the MDP Foundation is establishing the “Shine On” grant. Grants will be awarded to requests that are innovative, creative, show initiative, and break new ground. Proposed programs need to show how they will inspire young people and/or youth ministers to become involved and grow in their faith life and be Christ in the world.
Consider the following:
- How will this program affect the faith lives of young people and/or youth ministers?
- Does the proposed program encourage missionary discipleship?
- Does it empower youth?
- Does the program foster leadership in young people and/or youth ministers?
- Are youth involved in planning and directing the program from the program’s inception?
- Are the basic concepts easily duplicated?
- How do you propose to sustain this program beyond funding from this foundation?
- Programs need to be pastorally consistent with Catholic teaching
The above questions will be considered by our program committee when reviewing all proposals.
Funds for operating costs, staff salaries or ongoing programs will not be supported. We will consider covering small stipends for necessary persons such as guest speakers.
What is the process? Grant applications for a Mark D. Pacione Foundation Grant must include the following:
- A detailed description of the program for which you are seeking funding, including the impact it will have on youth and/or youth ministers
- A clear and concise budget, showing exactly how the money will be spent
- A letter from your direct supervisor
- Your contact information and best way to reach you should we have questions
- Send all of the above information (as either Word or PDF documents) attached to one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If all information is not included in the application email, the application will be rejected.
Reporting Back: Grants must be used in one year, so if you receive a grant June 1, 2020 you must use the funds and report back to us by May 31, 2021.
Grant reports must include
- Detailed description of the program and the level of its success. Please include photos of the program and the young people involved
- A budget of how the money was used
- Reports are to be sent to email@example.com
If reports are not received, no future grants will be awarded to your organization.
Questions regarding the grant application process are to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org